Walkaboutwoman is an organization dedicated to bringing together travel experiences and self-awareness. It involves taking small groups of women on a journey of discovery. This could involve travel opportunities of various types, from custom built itineraries of ‘local’ flavor, to ‘walking’ trips, to volunteer opportunities, etc.; all will involve stepping away from what is familiar and known, and allowing ourselves to be and do what is unfamiliar and unknown….so that we can learn and grow. Walkaboutwoman offers personal and professional development retreats, custom travel experiences and individual life coaching.
This is where so much begins...
Custom itineraries allowing the solo female traveler to come together with other women travelling alone to journey and discover the treasures that exist on a grassroots level…as treasure exists everywhere! It could involve walking the land, between villages and through valleys, canoeing down quiet rivers, riding horses through the hill sides, cycling through a canyon on route to the next place where she will rest and eat and get to know more about the people she meets…and ultimately herself.
The Everyday Kind of Walkabouts
If you’re experiencing a desire for change and self-awareness, join us for bi-monthly mini walkabouts, where we women take little steps together to learn from one another and grow. At the same time, we experience the movement of our bodies and the beauty of the Okanagan through activities such as:
- Walking and hiking
- Canoeing and paddling
- Creative workshops
Join us and find out about upcoming events on Facebook!
Big Long Walkabout, Just you and Deb
Whatever journey you’re on, Deb ‘sisters’ you through it so you can move forward and feel good about who you are. As a life coach, Deb meets you where you are at and facilitates your path to healing, well-being and self-discovery.
Available in person or remotely. Can take place over time on our glorious lakeside hiking trails or one of many stunning retreat locations—Okanagan, Turkey, Indonesia or Costa Rica!
The True Walkabout - Around the World
Feeling restless? Wondering what’s next? Is it finally your turn?!
It’s time for a walkabout. Far from home and along with other solo women travellers, this journey opens the door to change and reflection so you can discover yourself and another culture in an authentic way.
- Choose from programs such as Authentic Communication and The Art of Self
- Choose from custom settings like: Okanagan, Costa Rica or Turkey
- Customize your workshop and location!
All WalkAboutwoman products are built on the premise that change is inevitable. WalkAboutwomen are aware of this and are in fact, in search of it. We understand that as human beings we have different facets of our whole self (I refer to them as Body, Brain, Heart and Soul). These different parts of us are interrelated; they affect and are affected, by the other.
WalkAboutwoman retreats promise to be filled with opportunities to explore our ‘whole’ self through dynamic workshops, hands-on learning opportunities, and time for reflection.
WalkAboutwoman’s retreats will equip you with tools and skills you will need and inspire you to achieve your goals and experience the change you are searching for. Retreat offerings are coupled with a custom travel experience held over a 9 day or 15 day agenda.
- Authentic Communication workshop: designed to provide participants with the ability to facilitate change, actively engage, motivate, and challenge people to reach their full potential, understand effective leadership techniques, effectively assess abilities and competencies, engage in group self-discovery in order to facilitate lasting change, and authentically communicate with confidence and great results.
- The Art of Self workshops: designed to provide participants, through hands-on, experiential learning, the opportunity to move toward their personal greatness through self-discovery workshops and practical tools to help them be that person every day!